bargain car rentals - brisbane airport car hire companies
bargain car rentals depot information
Bargain Car Rentals Rental Terms for travel between 05-Feb-2020 and 31-Dec-2024
if Protection Plus Waiver Insurance has been selected, a $1 security pre-authorisation may still be required at time of vehicle collection for any miscellaneous charges.
When You rent a Vehicle from Us the contract (Rental Contract) You have with Us consists of:
- the agreement (Rental Agreement) You have signed to rent the Vehicle from Us;
- these rental Terms and Conditions (Terms and Conditions); and
unless We have given Our prior written permission prior to the Start of Rental and it is noted on the Rental Agreement. The date of the Rental Contract is the date shown in the Rental Agreement.
Who may drive the Vehicle?
- Only You or an Authorised Driver can drive the Vehicle.
- It is a Major Breach of the Rental Contract if You let anyone who is unauthorised drive the Vehicle. If there is a Major Breach of the Rental Contract there is no cover for You, the Authorised Driver or the unauthorised driver for any Damage or Third Party Loss.
- We set a minimum and maximum age limits for those renting Our Vehicles. You and any Authorised Driver must be at least 21 years of age and have no less than 12 months driving experience, unless We have agreed to a variation of those restrictions before the Start of Rental and it is shown in the Rental Agreement.
- You and any Authorised Driver must also have a valid licence to drive the class of Vehicle which is issued in an Australian state or territory or an international licence (or if not issued in English, an International Driving Permit or an approved translation of Your licence into English) appropriate for the class of the Vehicle and not subject to any restriction or condition. Learner drivers and provisional and probationary licence holders are not acceptable and must not drive the Vehicle.
- The Vehicle must not be driven if Your licence or the licence of any Authorised Driver has been cancelled within 2 years of the date of the Rental Agreement.
The Vehicle must not be driven by You or any Authorised Driver:
- whilst intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol or with a blood alcohol content or any urine or oral fluid sample that exceeds the limit set by law;
- recklessly or dangerously; or
- whilst the Vehicle is damaged or unsafe.
You and any Authorised Driver must not:
1.fail or refuse to undergo any breath, blood, urine or oral fluid test or drug impairment assessment;
2.use the Vehicle:
- for any illegal purpose;
- to move dangerous, hazardous, inflammable goods or substances that pollute or contaminate, in quantities above that used for domestic purposes;
- to carry or transport illegal drugs or substances;
- to propel or tow another vehicle;
- in connection with the motor trade for experiments, tests, trials or demonstration purposes; or
- in an unsafe or un-roadworthy condition.
You and any Authorised Driver must not:
- damage the Vehicle deliberately or recklessly or allow anyone else to do so;
- modify the Vehicle in any way;
- sell, rent, lease or dispose of the Vehicle; or
- register or claim to be entitled to register any interest in the Vehicle under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009.
You and any Authorised Driver must not use the Vehicle:
- to carry passengers for hire, fare or reward or for rideshare purposes; or
- to carry more than the number of passengers for which the Vehicle is licensed.
You and any Authorised Driver must not smoke in the Vehicle and You must prevent any passenger from doing so.
Where the Vehicle can and cannot be used
Subject to clause 4.2 the Vehicle must never be driven:
- on an Unsealed Road;
- Off Road;
- in any area where snow has fallen; or
- above the snow line in Victoria, Tasmania & New South Wales between 1 May and 31 October.
- in the Northern Territory, in any area outside the Darwin Metropolitan area (including Palmerston) between sunset and sunrise.
In Tasmania only, the Vehicle may be driven on an Unsealed Road provided the road is graded and well maintained and the condition of the road will not make the use of the Vehicle unsafe or expose it unreasonably to Damage.
The Vehicle must not be used in any area that is prohibited by Us. Prohibited areas include:
- roads that are prone to flooding or are flooded;
- beaches, streams, rivers, creeks, dams and floodwaters;
- any road where the police or an authority has issued a warning;
- any road that is closed; and
- any road where it would be unsafe to drive the Vehicle.
The Vehicle must never be driven or used:
- outside of the state in which the Vehicle is hired; or
- onto any island that is off mainland Australia except: Magnetic Island; Bribie Island; Phillip Island; or Bruny Island,
The Vehicle must never be driven or used:
- in Tasmania, on the Western Explorer Road; on the Tanami Track; on the Buntine Highway; the Gunbarrel Highway; or the Duncan Highway;
- in Western Australia and the Northern Territory: on the roads to Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls; or on the Kakadu Highway past Ubirr; or
- in Western Australia.
At the Start of Rental and before collecting the Vehicle We will pre-authorise Your credit card for a Holding Deposit of $500 as security for the Rental Charges and other fees and charges incurred during Your rental, unless the Platinum Package has been selected.
At the Start of Rental You must inspect the Vehicle to make sure that any pre-existing damage is noted and shown in the Rental Agreement
At the End of Rental You must:
- return the Vehicle:
in the same condition it was in at the Start of Rental, fair wear and tear excepted;
in a reasonable state of cleanliness; and
with a full tank of fuel; unless the Fuel Purchase Option (FPO) is selected at the time of hiring. Should the FPO be selected at the time of hiring no refund will be given for any additional fuel left in the vehicle, unless returned with a full tank.
the Rental Charges, including any adjustment for extra kilometres;
the cost of refuelling, including a refuelling charge, if the Vehicle is returned with less than a full tank of fuel;
the additional costs that apply to motorhomes and campervans under clause 12;
the Damage Excess if there is Damage or Third Party Loss as a result of an Accident or the Vehicle is stolen;
any costs We incur, including extra cleaning and deodorising costs under clause 9.6, in reinstating the Vehicle to the same condition it was in at the Start of Rental, fair wear and tear excluded;
for all Damage, theft of the Vehicle and Third Party Loss arising from a Major Breach of the Rental Contract;
for all Overhead Damage;
for all Underbody Damage; and
for any Damage caused by the immersion of the Vehicle in water;
Any and all debt recovery costs associated with unpaid charges to this contract.
- You and any Authorised Driver must pay all tolls, speeding and traffic fines and infringements as well as any fines or charges imposed for parking or using the Vehicle or release of the Vehicle if it has been seized by a regulatory authority.
- If We pay for any tolls, fines or infringements incurred by You during the Rental Period We will charge You an administrative fee for all such payments as well as charging You for the toll, fine or infringement.
- You must comply:
- with all mandatory seat belt laws and fines may be imposed by the police on any driver or passenger who does not have a seat belt properly adjusted and fastened; and
- with all child restraint laws and ensure that for all children under the age of seven years the restraint has been fitted correctly according to the weight and age of the child and that the restraint is properly adjusted and fastened
- You and any Authorised Driver must make sure that the Vehicle is locked when not in use or unattended and the keys or remote control device must be kept in Your possession, or that of any Authorised Driver, at all times.
- You and any Authorised Driver must take reasonable care of the Vehicle by:
- preventing it from being damaged
- making sure that it is protected from the weather;
- maintaining the engine and brake oils and coolant level and tyre pressures and checking these no less than on a weekly basis;
- using the correct fuel type; and
- making sure it is not overloaded.
- If the Vehicle has a manual transmission, You must also take reasonable care to drive the Vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and in accordance with safe driving practice, including engaging the clutch before starting the engine and when changing gear and not using the clutch to hold the Vehicle stationary on hills or steep inclines. There is no free roadside assistance and no Damage Cover for Damage or Third Party Loss if these requirements are not strictly observed.
- If the Vehicle develops a fault during the Rental Period You must inform Us immediately and not drive the Vehicle unless We have authorised You to do so and You must not let anyone else repair or work on the Vehicle or towing or salvage of it without Our prior written authority to do so.
- Where We have given You Our prior authority to repair the Vehicle You must keep and produce to Us the original tax invoices and receipts for any repairs, towing or salvage and You will be reimbursed only if these expenses have been authorised by Us. Any entitlement to reimbursement is subject to there being no Major Breach of the Rental Contract.
We will provide You with a Vehicle that is of acceptable quality and in good working order.
If the Vehicle breaks down during the Rental Period We will recover and repair the Vehicle as soon as possible. If the Vehicle cannot be repaired We will use Our best endeavours to provide a replacement Vehicle where one is available.
Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, if a breakdown does occur We are not responsible for:
- flights You have missed;
- holiday plans that are disrupted;
- loss of enjoyment; or
- consequential or economic loss.
Damage Cover is included in the Rental Charges. Subject to these Terms and Conditions and the level of Liability Reduction You have selected, We will indemnify You and any Authorised Driver for Damage, theft of the Vehicle or Third Party Loss but for each Accident or theft You must pay:
- up to the Damage Excess shown on the Rental Agreement; and
- the cost of any items not covered by the Liability Reduction Package You have selected (see clause 7.2) unless:):
We agree You were not at fault; and
the other party was insured and their insurance company accepts liability and agrees to pay for Our loss.
Liability Reduction options
Our Bronze Liability Reduction Package provides:
- a standard Damage Excess of $5,000; and
- basic liability protection for Vehicle Damage, theft and Third Party Loss that exceeds the Damage Excess as well as roadside assistance but it excludes any cover for Damage arising from impacts with animals, hail and storm Damage, Damage to the interior of the Vehicle, Damage to its windscreen and tyres, towage, Loss of Use and Accident fees.
- At additional cost You may purchase a Gold or Platinum Liability Reduction Package:
- the Gold Package provides additional protection for Damage arising from impacts with animals, hail and storm Damage and Damage to the interior of the Vehicle and reduces the Damage Excess to $1,500; and
- the Platinum Package, which is Our premium Liability Reduction Package, provides the maximum level of protection for Damage and Third Party Loss and has a nil Damage Excess and cover for Overhead Damage (motor vehicles only, Buses, Commercial and Campervans excluded) and Underbody Damage
- The Damage Excess payable under clause 7.1(a) and the cost of any items not covered by the Liability Reduction Package You have selected, will be charged to Your credit card as follows:
- for Single Vehicle Accidents, after a repairer’s estimate or tax invoice verifying the amount charged for Damage has been sent to You;
- if the Vehicle has been stolen, after We have made reasonable enquiries and in Our opinion it is unlikely the Vehicle will be recovered;
- for Accidents in which there is also Third Party Loss, after:
- a reasonable estimate of the Third Party Loss has been made;
- a repairer’s estimate or tax invoice verifying the amount charged for Damage has been obtained; and
- all documents verifying the Third Party Loss and Damage have been sent to You,
- A claims handling fee ranging from $210 for claims for Single Vehicle Accidents and theft to $320 where the Accident involves other Vehicles or Third Party Loss. It applies to all Accident and theft claims and must be paid in addition to the Damage Excess and covers the administrative costs of handling Your claim, including arranging for repairs and towing and managing claims for Third Party Loss. It is payable at the time You lodge Your Accident or theft claim with Us and is not refundable.
Damage Cover Exclusions
There is no Damage Cover, and You and any Authorised Driver are liable for Damage or Third Party Loss arising from:
- a Major Breach of the Rental Contract;
- the use of the Vehicle by any driver who is not an Authorised Driver; or who is less than 21 years of age;
- Overhead Damage (except the Platinum Package which provides cover for overhead damage (motor vehicles only, Buses, Commercial and Campervans excluded));
- Underbody Damage (except the Platinum Package which provides cover for underbody damage); and
- immersion of the Vehicle in water.
- There is no Damage Cover for personal items that are left in or stolen from the Vehicle or for loss or damage to property belonging to or in the custody of:
- any relative, friend or associate of Yours ordinarily residing with You or with whom You ordinarily reside;
- any relative, friend or associate of an Authorised Driver; or
- Your employees;
Rental Period, costs & charges
The Rental Agreement shows:
- the Rental Period for which You have hired the Vehicle; and
- the Rental Charges.
- At the End of Rental
You must return the Vehicle on the date and by the time shown in the Rental Agreement. If You require the Vehicle for longer than the Rental Period, You must notify Us at least 24 hours prior to the expiration of the Rental Period. If You fail to do so, We may terminate the Rental Contract and if the location of the Vehicle is known, recover it by lawful means or if it is unknown, after making reasonable attempts to contact You, report the Vehicle as stolen to the Police.
- If You return the Vehicle:
- more than one hour after the time set for its return in the Rental Agreement
We will charge You $25 per hour up to one full day’s rental and a further full day’s rental at the standard rate for each 24 hour period or part thereof until the Vehicle is returned to Us;
- at any time other than during Our normal business hours
You must pay for the daily Rental Charges and all Damage until the Rental Location next opens for business and a final inspection of the Vehicle has been undertaken; or
- at any airport,
You must pay for the daily Rental Charges and all Damage until a final inspection of the Vehicle has been undertaken.
- At the End of Rental
You must also pay for all amounts owing pursuant to clause 5.3(b) and any moneys owed to Us thereafter accrue interest at the rate of 10% per annum commencing 14 days after the End of Rental.
- more than one hour after the time set for its return in the Rental Agreement
- Any amount payable under the Rental Contract is subject to subsequent verification and adjustment and details of any adjustments will be provided to You as soon as practicable. If any amount is due to Us or remains unpaid You authorise Us to debit Your credit card with that amount within a reasonable time after the End of Rental.
- Cleaning Fees
If the Vehicle is returned to Us in an excessively dirty state, the interior is soiled or there is an offensive smell including as a result of a breach of clause 3.5, You will be charged a cleaning and deodorising fee of up to $300
- Credit card authority
If any amount is due to Us or remains unpaid, including the Damage Excess payable under clause or remains unpaid You authorise Us to debit Your credit card with that amount within a reasonable time after the End of the Rental.
- Default in payment
If You default in the payment of any moneys owed to Us under the Rental Contract, You authorise Us to provide information of that default to a credit reporting body and to obtain an up to date consumer credit report on You. Personal information may be used and disclosed by the credit reporting body in accordance with the Privacy Act to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about You, including defaults in excess of 60 days and the debt owed to Us.
- Northern Territory only
A daily limit of 250 kilometres applies unless You have Our prior written approval to have this fee waived and it is noted on the Rental Agreement. For each day You exceed that limit You will incur an additional fee of thirty cents (30c) per kilometre.
- Your booking is cancelled within 48 hours prior to the Start of Rental; or
- You fail to notify Us of Your intended cancellation prior to the Start of Rental; or
- you fail to collect within 4 hours of your advised collection time,
Toll Charges and Processing (Melbourne, Brisbane and Gold Coast Only)
- Your vehicle is fitted with an Etag that is linked to Your reservation. All tolling charges You incur will be automatically billed to Your credit card on file with Us by Roads and Maritime Services (RMS). You must pay for any and all charges relating to tolls using Your etag provided in the Vehicle.
- 9.2 The e-tag must not be removed from the Vehicle under any circumstances. Removal will result in additional replacement and recovery costs.
- 9.3 By signing these Terms and Conditions You consent to and agree to the terms and conditions set out by RMS which can be found at www.bargaincarrentals.com.au/termsandconditions/tolling
Animals in Vehicles
- We allow domestic pets to ride in Our Vehicles.
- Although We do not charge an extra fee for pets, You will incur an additional charge for any Damage caused by animals, or any special cleaning required as a result of shedding or accidents.
- These conditions also apply to service animals.
- Transport of animals within the Vehicle and the use of an appropriate restraint, container or crate is entirely Your responsibility. Please be aware that government regulation also applies.
Accidents or breakdowns
Twenty four hour roadside assistance is provided free of charge and in the event that You require assistance You must contact Us on 03 6165 0911 (business hours only) or 0419 878 721 (after hours only) to arrange that assistance. Provided there has not been a Major Breach We will supply all practical assistance as soon as practicable.
We are not responsible for:
- Damage as a result of use of the incorrect fuel type;
- a flat battery because the lights or entertainment systems have been left on;
- tyre changing;
- lost keys or remote control device; or
- keys or remote control device locked in the Vehicle,
- If You or an Authorised Driver has an Accident or if the Vehicle is stolen You must report the Accident or theft to Us within 24 hours of it occurring and fully complete an Accident/Theft report form.
- If the Vehicle is stolen or if You or an Authorised Driver of the Vehicle has an Accident where:
- any person is injured;
- the other party has failed to stop or leaves the scene of the Accident without exchanging names and addresses; or
- the other party appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol,
- If You or an Authorised Driver has an Accident You and the Authorised Driver must:
- exchange names and addresses and telephone numbers with the other driver;
- take the registration numbers of all vehicles involved;
- take as many photos as is reasonable showing:
- the position of the Vehicles before they are moved for towing or salvage;
- Damage to the Vehicle;
- the damage to any third party vehicle or property; and
- the general area where the Accident occurred, including any road or traffic signs;
- obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses;
- not make any admission of fault or promised to pay the other party’s claim or release the other party from any liability;
- forward all third party correspondence or court documents to Us within 7 days of receipt; and
- co-operate with Us in the prosecution of any legal proceedings that We may institute or defence of any legal proceedings which may be instituted against You or Us as a result of an Accident, including attending Our lawyer’s office or any Court hearing.
Consequences of a Major Breach of the Rental Contract
If You or any Authorised Driver:
- commit a Major Breach of the Rental Contract in a way that causes Damage, theft of the Vehicle or Third Party Loss; or
- drive the Vehicle in a reckless manner so that a substantial breach of road safety legislation, has occurred,
- have no Damage Cover;
are liable for all Damage, theft of the Vehicle and Third Party Loss; and
are liable for and must pay any additional costs or expenses We incur as direct consequence thereof.
13.2 Acting reasonably, We may terminate the Rental Contract and take immediate possession of the Vehicle if a breach of any part of clause 14.1 has occurred.
Other general provisions
- The Rental Contract is governed by the laws of the state in which the Vehicle was rented and You agree that courts in that state have non-exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute that arises between You and Us.
- The Australian Consumer Law provides You with rights that are not affected by the Rental Contract and any provision in this contract is subject to the implied terms and conditions of that and any corresponding Federal or State legislation.
- 1We may fit a GPS Device to the Vehicle to enable Us to track the Vehicle while it is out of Our possession. When you sign these Terms and Conditions You authorise Us to use the GPS Device to track the Vehicle until it is returned to Us.
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Group Limited. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at 2/509 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.